Search This Blog

Wednesday 24 September 2008

Humping in the Heat

Greetings - it's Hump Day (well not really for me on account of working Saturday - but I'll mention it for everyone else's benefit). I made it to work today...albeit I'm wondering if I may have benefitted from another day in the comforting cocoon of my couch & blanket. I feel SO.tired...and it makes NO sense with the amount of sleep that I did get since Monday afternoon. I still have the headache, but at least the nausea has held off. I must be fighting some kind of bug or something...

It's officially "fall" now, thought the highs expected for tomorrow, Friday and Saturday look glorious...hopefully Sunday will be a nice one too. I would like to get out for a drive to see some of the changing leaves. This point in the season's weather change is a bit bothersome though, too...I find it too warm to dress up in my 'fall attire'...the mornings I freeze getting to work, and by the time I'm leaving, I'm hot. I'm now wearing shoes again, not sandals, which saddens me greatly (although I've been cheating a bit and wearing my slip-on mules without socks so far). The office heat is now on and I think it's entirely too soon for that. When I walked by the thermostat it had "76" on it...that's too warm. So far I've managed to hold off on touching it because we're preached at to never ever touch it...but I can't promise I'll hold off forever. The heat in here is NOT helping my already compromised state, either. Someone just walked by and said it was 'freezing' down this way. WTF??*.

What's your take on office temperature? Do you satisfy the ones who are cold, or do you satisfy the ones who are hot? If you're cold, you can don a sweater. If you're hot, you're asked to dress in layers. Fair enough...how far down in my layers must I go, however? I'm quite certain me sitting here in my underthings would be breaking laws on unsurmountable levels...not to mention terrifying my co-workers and potentially scarring them for life. Can't the cold-blooded ones have an extra cable-knit sweater, pashmina, or blankie handy? Jebus Chrisco.

Guess I might be a tad cranky today. I want my couch...and my blanket (because I can assure you the temperature at home is nowhere NEAR 76 degrees :P).

*for the record, I did ask around my general vicinity re: the temperature to ensure it just wasn't post-bug-related-fever issues and actually a HOT office, and have been met with complete agreement from all parties questioned.

No comments: