Search This Blog

Saturday 6 September 2008

Reflections

With fall fast approaching I'm left to reflect on the summer season that has just passed. This summer I:
  • only got to the beach twice - once to help Chris with a photo shoot, and the other was just a walk-thru when we went to Cavendish a few weekends ago
  • was fortunate to be able to attend this year's Charlottetown Hotel's Dinner Theatre
  • got to Oyster Bed Bridge to see a stock car race
  • consumed a lot of ice cream
  • consumed a lot of homemade beer
  • was a victim of many, many mosquito bites
  • had s'mores for the first time since I was a little girl at Brownie camp
  • was fortunate enough to see Matt Andersen play three times!
  • wrecked Chris' iPod
  • got to see the Hopewell Rocks and Cape Enrage in NB
  • came to the realization that I am NOT over my fear of heights
  • purchased my first laptop
  • changed my hairstyle
  • learned a whole new appreciation for the North River Causeway

All in all, it was a great summer - and I'm sad to see it end. I really enjoyed the many nights sitting outside on the patio sharing a few drinks with good laughs, and good friends. As the night chill approached, a warm fire was so cozy. Long drives with the wind whipping through the windows and our hair, the stereo screaming Matt as we veered through the hills and valleys of this beautiful province are memories I will always hold dear.

However, as the pending fall season approaches, I do look forward to the changes that will come with it; the leaves changing being a symbol of new things to come: ...new memories...cooler nights shared snuggling close under a blanket...hot cocoa or tea being sipped, warming us on the inside...a good book being read when the weather turns, because you feel you can take that time to do it, and not "waste a nice day" sitting inside (not to mention the fact that the cooler weather also means fewer leg shavings, & bulky sweaters to camouflage the 'fluff'!).

No comments: