Search This Blog

Tuesday 23 September 2008

Happy Birthday Trudy!


Trudy is my cousin; my mom's brother's daughter. She grew up in the teeny tiny town known as Whitehead, NS, where my mom grew up. I would hang out with her and her big sister Marcia when we would head to NS on family trips to visit my grandparents. It seems like forever ago when we would play 'house' in the shed. I remember repeatedly pointing to the salt&pepper shakers in the playhouse, asking Trudy, "What are these?", just to hear her reply, "It's peppy eh yaaalt". She had long blonde hair my aunt kept in pig tails, and she wore my grandmother's homemade dresses a la "Little House on the Prairie". As cute as cute could be, really.

Well, she's all growed up now...and turns 28 today! She's grown into a beautiful young woman - confident, put-together, and totally sassy. She's witty, sarcastic, and smart. She writes very well and I keep telling her she should blog...c'mon lady...share your talents with the rest of the interweb! You can even post those surveys on a blog....

Happy Birthday Trudy - I shall raise a proverbial glass o' Crown & ginger in tribute to your very special day. Cheers, m'lady.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww, thanks lady!! And you would not believe how glad I am that I grew out of that speech impediment! HA! Thankfully I have you and your Ma to remind me of it ;D. I was a little surprised to see me on your blog, I'm flattered. And some time soon, we'll have to raise some real glasses together!! Love you :D