Search This Blog

Thursday 25 September 2008

Shopping, supping, & a little boob tube

So I'm just about ready to wrap up my Thursday. I had today off from work since I work Saturday, so had the chance to spend the day with Mom. She's getting a little stressed that Christmas is only 3 months away and she's not finished up her shopping, so that was our priority. I still wasn't feeling 100%, but got through the day just the same. We headed to Precious Memories, Hallmark, and Winners, then had 'brunch' at Smittys before heading back to her place for the rest of the afternoon. All in all it was a successful outing - she finished up several gifts, and a peruse through the Wishbook and subsequent order, she finished up a few more. I'm jealous. I've not yet even thought about Christmas....and it is only 3 months away -- three months from today in fact...Bah! Can we cancel it this year?

From Mummy's, I then headed to the Wilkinson's for a family supper. Shawn is leaving the sandbar to go to Fort McMoney. He leaves tomorrow, so his mom wanted to have us all over for supper together before he departs. We'll miss him, but it seems to be a trend. There just isn't the money or opportunity out here...and the pull of the Western pay cheque has forced many to head abroad. Chris' other brother, Jeff, has been there for years now, is doing ridiculously well for himself, and loves it. Good luck Shawn...you'll be missed...safe travels...and send lots of money home, would ya :).

We booted home from the homestead just in time to tune in to the new Thursday shows...and for anyone who hasn't seen ER yet, stop reading. For those who have, join me in my complete angst...I'm still not completely over the fact that this season is the final one...but WHY kill off Pratt in the first show? I was distraught...and when Morris pulled out the ring he'd been holding for him, I was a complete and utter wreck. The initial Grey's dream sequence almost had the flood gates open again, ... but thankfully it was just a dream. I just can't stay up til 2am to catch Survivor, so luckily (after quite a bit of frustration), Chris was able to rig up the VCR to tape it. Say what you all will about me and my unhealthy addiction to my tv...it is cheap entertainment.

No comments: