Search This Blog

Tuesday 30 September 2008

In a nutshell

Happy Tuesday! I owe you an update...

Friday night after work I headed to Angela's for our first night of our new Stampin' Up stamp club. We made a lovely stationary box. Personally I was a bit challenged, which is no surprise to anyone, but in the end it was very nice. Will I replicate it over and over? Likely not ;). The nice thing about it is Lana was in the class too, so instead of giving it to her as a gift, I can keep it for myself, and we both still get to enjoy it. The new catalogue is extremely yummy indeed, so I am happy to allow myself this monthly indulgence. One of these days I will get around to posting some pictures of some of my 'crafty' stuff.

I worked Saturday, and afterwords, happily vegged on the couch for a bit. Chris & I watched a W5 special, "That's My Time", on Irwin Barker - a Canadian comedian living with terminal cancer. He was given a year to live a year ago last June, and so far is still beating it. His story is very inspiring. What an amazing man. It's always nice to get a little bit of perspective to keep you grounded. This story definitely did that for me. Afterwords, Chris took me out to supper; we went out for Chinese (thanks to two people at work talking about it all afternoon I had a rather significant craving - and it was sooo delicious!). We then stopped at Sobeys, picked up a few things to have on hand for Sunday breakfast, and then to Wal-Mart. We picked up a cheap $5 DVD - The Breed. Chris and I are big horror movie buffs, and although the concept was more than cheesy, it really wasn't that bad a movie. It held my attention; I jumped in several spots; and, the extra footage on how they trained the dogs was really interesting.

Sunday was expected to be a pretty nasty day, with Hurricane Kyle predicting to hit the Maritimes (eerily on the 5th anniversary of Hurricane Juan). It turned out that it was lessened to just a tropical storm, and PEI got through it unscathed. Despite the weather not being as nasty as predicted we still had a 'do nothing Sunday', and it was glorious! I literally didn't get out of my pyjamas! We had blueberry pancakes and coffee for breakfast, watched taped Survivor (ending up having to download it from the internet after an hour in since the channel I'd taped it on fubar'd). We also watched another movie, Run Fatboy Run...quite funny. I recommend it. We geeked out after that, had supper, and watched the season premieres of the Amazing Race & Family Guy. Oh how I love Sundays.

Back to the work week again...nothing blog-worthy to report for yesterday. I'm joining the girlies at the Gahan tonight to celebrate Tanya's birthday. Very much looking forward to that. Check back for pics :). Have a great week, peeps.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I watched Run Fatboy Run, and I thought it was hilarious. Except for the part with the blister. That part, I wasn't sure if I should laugh or yammy on the floor. But I would still recommend it. If only to see other people cringe during that scene!