Search This Blog

Thursday 11 September 2008

And all of her dreams had come true...

I have made a choice to not have children. When it comes to living as an 'adult' that means I will pick up after myself & do my share of the daily/weekly/monthly chores & responsibilities. WHY is it, then, that I'm forced to pick up after another person, too? Why can't he see that he needs to share this responsibility? It's our home. "It doesn't matter to him" if things aren't put away - "It isn't important to him that things aren't put in their place". He can go in and spend HOURS cleaning up his office, and making it look its best, but that seems to be where his priorities stop. When pushed about sharing the responsibilities/chores around the house...the response I get is, "I cut the grass and I shovel the snow".

Oh, ok, my mistake. That IS a fair trade! Please, my dear sweet man, please just drop your stuff as you walk through the door. No problem. I will come behind you and neatly put things where they belong. I feel like such a better person for wiping the pee dribbles from the seat, and I think it's endearing when you leave your neatly folded laundry in piles and wear things as you need them. The empty cereal bowl with milk remnants at the bottom of the bowl, hardening as we speak? No problem, sweetie, I will rinse that for you and put it away in the dishwasher for you. Oh, and your dirty drawers? Sure honey, just leave them in a pile on the floor...I will get them, too. I'd hate to have you strain your back picking them up and putting them in the laundry basket. I've leaned toward the use of the basket now rather than the hamper, because it's just so much easier for me. Oh, and babycakes, I love it when you put your muddy shoes in the entrance way. It gives our love nest such a homey feel!

This may be harsh, but on the upside, this is really the only major complaint I have....otherwise, he is pretty super special...but what a thrill I'd get if, per chance, I actually walked into the house some day and the trail was gone...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I read a story recently about a newly married woman complaining to her grandmother about her husband leaving his socks all over the place. The grandmother, a window, said, I would give anything to be able to pick up after your grandfather again.... It doesn't help me from getting ticked at my honey for doing the exact same thing,though. It's a man thing... good thing we love 'em