Search This Blog

Monday 8 September 2008

An end is finally near...

Tonight marks the final two; the showdown between someone who can sing, and someone who canNOT. The boys each sang 3 times.

The first was singer's choice as mentored by John Legend.
Egghead was up first, singing "Paris" by Gordie Sampson. The entire time I kept remarking in my head, over and over and over and over again....how the Lord Thundering JEBUS is he where he is? Theo then sang "Good Mother" by Jann Arden; ...um, interesting song choice -I've said it before, and I'll say it again - why does he always choose "girl" songs, anyway? He sang it very well.

The "Winner's Single" was next. Up first Egghead destroyed, "Where we Begin". He can't sing. He sounds ridiculous. It's painful. When he hits the high notes my ears bleed. Theo sang his, entitled "Sing" - what a difference, like night and day! Good job, Theo - it was very believable - very well done. I could imagine that playing on the radio tomorrow.

And finally the night ended with the judges' choice - as mentored by Hedley. Egghead was given "If" by Bread, and the only thing he proved with that one was how he CANNOT sing high notes. When the camera panned through the audience and showed Drew, I almost shed a tear. WTF was up with Sass saying his pitchiness was part of his charm? Give me a G.D. break...even Farley - if your flaws get you to the bottom two they are your virtues? What kind of a crock of shit is that? Really?! It.was.AWFUL. Theo redeemed the night with "I Wanna Know What Love is" by Foreigner. Jake saying, "I don't think either one of you was better" had me shaking my head in complete wonderment...my head hurts from shaking it so much tonight. This wasn't my most favorite of all songs Theo sang, but he is WORLDS ahead of that other dork.

The winner of this year's Canadian Idol is Theo Tams -hands down...without a doubt. Get it right Canada.

No comments: