Search This Blog

Tuesday 5 August 2008

The Top 7

Ok, seeing as this has sorta become a habit:

1) Mark Day - Bleeding Love ~ Leona Lewis - Meh - he's got that 'loungy'-singer-feel that Simon criticizes so much for on AI. I think he's done his time on Canadian Idol. Not sure what Zach was going for with the panties comment - was he letting him down easy? I think it was unnecessary, yet a bit funny at the same time.
2) Mitch MacDonald - Jealous Guy ~ John Lennon - Better song choice than last week ...less nasaly, but he's still not my favourite, nor will he ever be.
3) Drew Wright - Creep ~ Radiohead - Great song choice for his voice; maybe it helps that I like the song, and I like his pretty eyes, but I think he did a good job. Safe for another week, my young man.
4) Theo Tams - You Had Me ~ Joss Stone - Another example of what 'good song choice' (or in my case whether or not this critic likes the song or not) can do...Normally Theo is one of my favourites of the night. Tonight - notsomuch. I don't think he's in jeopardy, but that performance was not my thing.
5) Mookie Morris - Lola ~ The Kinks - Good, solid Mookie-performance.
6) Amberly Thiessen - Put Your Records On ~ Corrine Bailey - I LOVE HER. Great job. Top 3 of them all, if Canada gets it right - and she may even win it all.
7) Earl Stevenson - Change the World ~ Eric Clapton - He dances like Frankenstein - fortunately for him, this is a singing competition. I'm starting to warm up to him a bit - perhaps he's choosing better songs. The end note was hideous, but for the most part, he did well.

Bottom 3: Mark, Mitch & Drew
Going home: Mark

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok - I so don't agree. Thought Earl was horrid!! And what was with the screeching at the end? It was almost like he knew he did a horrible job and just said screw it. Thought Drew kicked a88 with Creep. Amberly - mhwa - didn't impress me much.