Search This Blog

Friday 22 August 2008

Life's Little Detours

Sorry readers...didn't mean to neglect you...no, the "last supper" didn't kill me - I'm still percolating (though I ate enough to feed a small country, but I digress...).

I'm soooooooo glad it's Friday...but I'm sooooo wishing I had been able to use some banked time to take today off...the construction on the Causeway has reached a pivotal point...closing down completely until Monday. So, this morning I had to take the detour to work, from work, and to work again on Monday morning (let's just say we'll be staying on the Cornwall side of the Island for the remaining parts of this weekend). I left this morning at quarter after 7, and was 10 minutes late for an 8 oclock shift. It took me an hour and 15 minutes to get home...usually a 15 minute drive. It got to the point that they were re-routing the detour traffic. I've never been so glad to pull into the 'hood before!

The weather is predicting a scorcher of a weekend, so I do hope to take advantage of it at some point. Tonight we're off to Indian River to see Matt. I'm SO excited!!

Happy weekend!

No comments: