Search This Blog

Tuesday 5 August 2008

Pity Party for One

Another damp day - rainy and windy, with the temperature a balmy 13 degrees Celcius at 8am this morning. My wrist hurts, my knee hurts....bring back the sunshine, Mother Nature! I'm working from 11:15 to 9:15 today on required overtime, and I seem to be placed in the Cranky Queue today. The first call demanded a supervisor. I can usually predict how the remaining day will go based on what the first call entailed. Let's just say I wasn't wrong. Sooooo... a summary of my Tuesday:

sore appendages
+ 1.5 hrs required OT
+ cranky customers
------------------
= unhappy Amber

So I went and ate something bad for me at lunch. Did it make me feel better? No, just guilty (but it did taste good). Then I add guilt to an already yucky equation, and now get a guilt-ridden, unhappy Amber. Could I embark on any retail therapy on my lunch hour, you ask? That'd be a greeeat big negatory...being in OD over $200 now...so a guilt-ridden, unhappy poor Amber.

Okay, mini pity party is over....I'll now go looking for that half full glass....where'd I put that...??

No comments: