Search This Blog

Saturday 2 August 2008

Much to do about nothing...

You know when you have an entire weekend ahead of you...when you plan ahead in your mind all that you will accomplish? You know how satisfied you feel after you've thought it out, project by project? That's how I felt yesterday, planning my weekend...knowing that it was going to be rainy... I thought, well, I'll get up early, finish the laundry, finish scrubbing the shower (started by Chris but never really 'finished' this week), straighten up, perhaps sweep & scrub the floors again, and then tackle the bedroom, and the dusting. It's 5pm - have I accomplished any of that? No. I was up at 10am, made it to the couch, checked mail and FB, had a bowl of Cheerios, watched a movie, fell asleep, watched more tv after Chris yelled at me for snoring, and now I'm just back from having my shower. It's 5pm.

I make 'doing nothing' an art, don't I?

There's always tomorrow, right? Too bad that interferes with my weekend plan that I'd so carefully conjured up in my head...Sunday was to be my 'day of nothing'.

No comments: