Search This Blog

Tuesday 19 August 2008

The Idols - Mediocre Musings

I have to be honest - I missed the first 20 minutes of CI last night, and what I did see, I didn't pay that much attention to. Perhaps it's because I'm still p.o'd that Canada sent Amberly home. Anyway. As I know my avid readership truly loves my reviews (heh), I will do my best to trace back what I heard.

This week was judges' choice week, where the judges picked Beatles songs for each of the Idols to sing, concentrating on each Idol's "strengths" to accentuate the song.

1) Earl ~ With a Little Help From my Friends - The judges chose this song for him because it has soul. I missed his entire performance, but did catch the recap - and from that smidgen I guess he didn't do as horribly as he could have.
2) Mookie ~ Come Together - his shine is starting to wear thin on me. I think he did well - but everything he sings is starting to sound the same. It wouldn't surprise me if we find him in the bottom 3 tonight.
3) Theo ~ The Long and Winding Road - It was heartfelt. He did well.
4) Mitch ~ In My Life - Send.him.home!
5) Drew ~ While My Guitar Gently Weeps - I think he did well.

In all, nothing struck me as earth-shattering or stellar. It was all pretty 'meh'.

Bottom 3: Mookie, Drew, & Mitch
Going home (PLEASE): Mitch

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

just to let you know that I"m now all caught up. using brucie's work 'puter - shhhh - to get all caught up on fbook at most importantly your blog. Have fun at Matt on Friday night. Still haven"t heard from Paul re:Saturday, but I"ll let you know ASAP