Search This Blog

Friday 29 August 2008

Living for the weekend....

I haven't been very good at this blogging thing lately. I've not been overly inspired to write about anything blog-worthy, to be honest, and I'm not sure how long my readers will last if I just keep reporting my mundane "life events". I would like to be the type of blogger who writes thought-provoking or inspirational posts. When I look at my posting history...meh - not so much, eh? Nevertheless...thanks for hanging in there, peeps... It's been a loooooooong week. Required overtime with a crappy mid-day shift - all I've done is work, sleep, watch tv and eat horribly. Perhaps after a long weekend I'll feel rejuvenated and inspired, and have something better to write about? You can keep hoping :)

Originally I was supposed to be meeting up with Lana and Lori after work for nachos or something at BP - but that's been postponed so I'm now at home. I have to kind of admit that I was a bit relieved to have the night free to just go home and vegg. However, I'm now craving nachos or something. Chris is busily preparing for his weekend ahead at the Mudrooters, taking Spin Photo on-site there - offering personalized on-site prints of the trucks. (If you're into that sort of thing, the races are this Sunday in Desable). Soooo my guess is he won't want to head out for nachos or something. Instead, I've gotten into my jammies, am sipping on a rootbeer, and chomping on Doritos. The tv is on in the background as I sit here and blog. A new show is on, "America's Toughest Jobs", where contestants test their endurance by trying out tough jobs to compete for a grand prize. The first job they are doing is crab fishing in the Bering Sea (a la "Deadliest Catch"). There's vomit-a-plenty...the first guy to puke having a bait bucket shoved in his face to puke into it...apparently to help them catch fish. Suddenly, the stinky Doritos aren't as appealing.

It's a busy weekend ahead - Angela has a stamp sale tomorrow morning I'd like to try to get to. Tomorrow afternoon/evening Chris wants me to go out to the track in Desable to help him set up for Sunday, and then tomorrow night Bobbi-Jo & Kelly are hosting a birthday party for Melissa. She turns 30 Sunday. Kelly is also home from NWT, so it will be nice to see her. Sunday, we're supposed to be camping with the neighbors, and then Monday we have passes for the stock car races/demolition derby. The weather forecast isn't looking too promising, however - so I'm not too sure if all of that will happen. Would I be deeply depressed if it pissed-down rain all weekend long forcing us to stay in and snuggle with a few movies? Probably not :)

Wherever you are, I hope you enjoy a relaxing weekend :)

No comments: