Search This Blog

Monday 18 August 2008

Monday, Monday

Wow - Monday again already, eh? We had a fun weekend! Friday, I had to work a later shift, so Friday night wasn't feeling overly enthusiastic to do much more than sit and watch tv, but Chris lit a fire and we sat outside under the stars. It was a very quiet night - the crackling of the fire all we could hear. We even made s'mores - a treat I've not had since I was a little girl at Brownie camp. It was awesome :).

Saturday, I spent the day at Leanne's, doing a card class. We made 11 cards. She offered full instruction, and a homemade lunch -thanks Leanne - I had a blast!!

Saturday night, Chris & I headed across the street in the teeming rain to have a few sociables with Steve, Wanda, Leann & Wiggy. A few sociables led to a few shooters, which led to another sociable, and then a cab ride to take the crew of us to Yogi's for karaoke. Yes, folks, you read that right - karaoke. I didn't sing, but Chris & Steve did -and it was hilarious. Wiggy couldn't keep the boys away, and Chris charmingly was behind her at every step, watching out for her to make sure she wasn't in a 'compromising situation'. It was sweet - like she had a big brother. We had a fantasic night.

Sunday was an utter and complete write-off for both Chris & I - we managed to get up, shower, and go out for breakfast. I had to drive, on account of Chris feeling as though he shouldn't ... We went to Smittys and although over-priced, it was pretty good. We then landed home thereafter to veg on the couch, and watch a movie ("Forgetting Sarah Marshall" - pretty good!). At suppertime we knew we had to eat something, but did NOT feel like making anything, so headed back out for vitamin M for supper (really is a cure-all for a Sunday hangover, isn't it?).

Another work week ahead...complete with ending the week with Matt Andersen in Indian River! I do hope to see Lana at some point too...she's back from Quebec!

No comments: