Search This Blog

Tuesday 26 August 2008

Four Dudes Doin' Anne Murray

So last night we had the "pleasure" of not one, but two songs by our Idol contestants. The initial line up had the guys singing Anne Murray songs, as she was their mentor for the evening. The second installment of songs were the contestants' choice. Despite being more entertained by the thunder & lightning storm last night, here are my thoughts on the show anyway:

1) Mitch - "Cotton Jenny" - Captain Nasal...Ew. I don't like you; you won't win. If you do, I will quit watching CI.
2) Earl - "Killing me Softly" - What.the.eff.WAS.that? I think I disliked that more than I disliked Mitch. And I disliked Mitch.
3) Drew - "Hey Daddy" - I had this album as a kid! I listened to it all the time, and truth be told, the album is likely still in Mom's basement. I liked Drew's rendition! I liked it a lot. And his eyes - still captivating. I think he'd make a good Canadian Idol :).
4) Theo - "You Don't Know Me" - I thought it had a Michael Buble flair, and I enjoyed it.

Take 2

1) Mitch - "People You've Been Before" - I enjoyed that less than his first performance of the night.
2) Earl - "The Joker"- suppose a song talking about toking is an appropriate one for Earl, isn't it? He has no melody to his voice at all. He looks and sounds lazy.
3) Drew - "Gravity" - Well done, son! I loooooooove this song, and I think he did it justice, and agree with Farley that it was a 'lighter' blues - and did I mention I like his eyes?
4) Theo - "Chariot" - piano dancing, eh? He's a good singer, and a good performer. Good job, Theo :)

Bottom 2: Mitch & Earl
Going home: BYE BYE MITCH

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha. I'm terribly sorry, I've been neglecting your blog. So now I'm spending on friday evening catching up ;D. This title made me laugh. A lot.