Search This Blog

Monday 4 August 2008

That's a wrap

Okay, apparently certain readers are getting put off that there hasn't been daily posting. My sincerest apologies...Here, I will try to post for Monday. Sunday, I just didn't post, but you got two posts on Saturday :P.

It's Monday - it's dark, but it stopped raining for a bit, but it's supposed to rain again later. It rained ALL weekend long. I hear the rain held off for this weekend's Eagles concert in Moncton, however, so I'm happy that my friends who made the trek over didn't get soaked...and I hope you had a marvelous time!

Friday night Chris & I grabbed a bite to eat at Cedars (sorry Lana, it was the shawarma...but I'll join you for some as soon as you return!). Thereafter we headed out to run some very important errands (bunny food, photo paper, milk and ice cream), and then headed home to watch a movie. We had purchased The Ring at Wal-Mart last weekend for $5, so watched that.

Saturday as previously mentioned, I did nothing more than nap, FB (even though they took Scrabulous away from me, I've found Scrabble and Wordscraper to keep me busy!), & watch TV. Saturday evening Chris went out to grab the mussels (and beer!) for supper, and we watched another movie, The Girl Next Door -stupid comedy - I (surprise, surprise) fell asleep in the middle of it. Chris then put in Dewey Cox -and he said it was so stupid even he couldn't finish it (I'd retired to the bed as that one got about 15 mins in). So yeah, sleeping, and lazing in front of the TV. Fun.

Sunday, we got up early, watched more TV - Chris worked on a few projects, and then he & I went over to his mom's for turkey supper. She's the only woman I know that will bake a big turkey and all the trimmings in the middle of the summer (and for the record, at my house, we only ever had turkey dinner on 'special occasions', ie, Christmas and Thanksgiving only). It was yummy. We stopped at Shoppers for a few snacks, and then headed home to watch Big Brother (PLEASE vote Libra out...she's a big 'ol "b" with an itch and I can't stand watching her or listening to her anymore!).

So there you have it folks....a mundane account of my mundane weekend events. I'm sure it was titillating. Happy Monday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks! I feel better now - except for the fact that you went to Cedar's without me!!! boo hoo!
and I can't believe that Chris didn't like Dewey Cox -I thought it was hilarious!!