Search This Blog

Wednesday 19 January 2011

EEK!

So I was just sitting there at my desk on my lunch break today - back from the lunchroom early to check some email - minding my own p's and q's, when all of a sudden out of my mid-peripheral vision I saw something drop. I then felt something on my forearm. Immediately I flailed both arms, and pushed my chair out and looked around in a panic. I knew it wasn't my imagination. Something fell from up above me, and the a/c wasn't on up there, so I was doubtful it was a large dust bunny (besides, a few months prior I had the same sort of mid-peripheral experience only to see a frigging spider fall onto my keyboard)*.

Then I saw it.

Moving, almost camouflaged, at its own pace, on my pant leg, was a most disgusting, most vile arachnid. On my leg.

Sweet Baby Jesus. A spider was upon my person**.  A creepy, crawly spider.  I abhor spiders. After doing a little shimmy shake I was able to remove it from my person, finding it's landing spot on the carpet, and aiding in its untimely death.  For the remainder of the day I had images of and had myself convinced that more spiders were crawling over me, nesting between my boobs or something.  I'm itching now just writing about it.

Probably an hour later, my co-worker beside me went to pump some hand sanitizer from her dispenser and a long stream of sanitizer shot through the air, across the side of the desk beside me.  In my peripheral, of course, all I saw was something moving and I immediately jumped..thinking more spiders were coming for me.  You know something like this could make a person mental.  Suppose some people would have less of a road to travel to reach that point than others, though.

And how was YOUR day?

* The jokes from my co-workers about their being the possibility of a nest above me in the a/c vent were not appreciated, and NOT the least bit funny!

**I wasn't able to embed the video inside my post, but please, do click the link and watch this funny Moss clip.  The IT Crowd is frigging hilarious.  This phrase is actually a quote from Moss - from this episode. Unfortunately the video doesn't play out long enough to include it.  You should go find Episode 3 from the first season and watch the whole thing.  For serious.

1 comment:

Lana said...

Remember the "scribbler" stories Lori had on the go in high school? There was one about a girl relaxing in the bubble bath and suddenly the bubbles turned into spiders crawling on her. I think about that everytime I have a bath!