Search This Blog

Saturday 15 January 2011

"Weekends don't count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless." *

My, oh, my I was happy the weekend finally arrived. For some reason, I was extra tired every evening after work. One of the overhead lights at work was out for the week and some of last week (finally fixed yesterday), so I can only assume that the added eyestrain enhanced the tired feeling. I was pretty much useless by 6:30 every night. I attempted to stay awake for Greys on Thursday (holy frick I love that show!), but failed. I finally caught up last night.

Last night, I was also home alone, so took advantage. Chris was off getting his corner of the Guild set up for Art for Music display. It was the opening night, and I was invited to join him, but I opted out on the fact that it would more than likely be 3 hrs straight of 'shop talk'. And the kind of shop talk that goes way over my head. I felt less guilty when I heard Stephen's girlfriend opted out as well. I do intend to go down to see the exhibit, on my own clock, and encourage you all to do the same. There will undoubtedly be a whooooolllle lotta talent in the room :).

So, last night, in addition to watching what nighttime tv I'd missed this week, I also did a quick root touch-up on the greys, and finished my book for Sunday evening's book club. It's my first book club experience. While I have plans to read more, I'm still pulled by the computer and tv more frequently than not, so I fear I won't be a real intelligent contributor to such an event. Let's face it, the odds are good that I'll be going there having not finished the book most times. Fortunately for me for the first round at least, the chosen book was a young adult novel, which took no time to read. We meet tomorrow evening at Lana's to watch the movie and discuss over snacks. Looking forward to it! (Not to mention a late Christmas for Lana and I - let's face it, more looking forward to that ;))

So it's Saturday afternoon. Tonight we have plans to hang out with Marco & Lizanne. The house is a mess and Mount Laundry has resurfaced. I should really clean up a bit, but after finding the post title quote above, I feel it's a sign from a higher power that if I truly want to make this weekend count, I oughta just fluff up my cozy throw, move Zoe to a more comfortable position atop my lap, and find something good to watch on Netflix. I hope you all are able to enjoy your weekend in the same fashion.

*Bill Watterson quote

No comments: