Search This Blog

Monday 3 January 2011

The habit compels me....

A new year. A new Bachelor!

...err....waaaaaiiiiiitaminute...WTF....Brad? Commitment-phob Brad? Brad-I-have-to-tell-you-good-bye (to both women), Brad? Surely there were other suitable Bachelors in America, ABC....? So he blames his inability to commit on his absent father? And he's taken three years to soul search via intensive therapy, enabling him a newfound ability to now fall in love, drop to one knee, propose, and settle in a home with a white picket fence? Riiiiiight. If you ask me, his self-esteem was completely annihilated by public ridicule, and he's now jumping at the opportunity to try to redeem himself and try to change the views of every woman in America, for better or for worse...

Some early observances:
  • Notice they've opted to leave the ages of the bachelorettes out?
  • He was SO awkward, and if I have to hear, "I've changed-which-loosely-translates-t0-PLEASE-don't-hate-me" one.more.time I might literally vomit.
  • Is it just me, or does anyone else think he should be bare-chested in faded overalls chewing on a piece of straw?
  • He's very fortunate the girls received him like they did. I'm smelling a lot of desperation in the room, and a lot of future heartbreak.
  • WTF was up with the vampire chick?
  • Early favourite: Emily
  • Early unfavourite: the vampire
  • Girls: being rejected on night ONE of the Bachelor SHOULD NOT induce tears - unless you're emotionally unstable and need professional help!
  • Quotes of the evening: "If he doesn't get a wife this time, he's gonna have to go into a cave"; "It's better to be home alone than to be home and wish you were alone".
Ah the upcoming Womack Mondays should prove to be interesting, indeed!

2 comments:

Sherri said...

I have last night's episode on my DVR...can't wait to watch it! You have inspired me to take a second stab at a blog, Amber. I love reading yours :)

Rhonda Bowlan said...

Ugh! Can hardly believe ABC has done this! I said the same thing about crying on night one! LOL!