Search This Blog

Sunday 28 March 2010

That's Entertainment

Chris & I had a fairly relaxed weekend. Friday night neither he, nor I, felt like making anything for supper so he took us out to Pizza Delight for supper (thanks honey!) and then we headed over to Jumbo Video to pick up a few movies. I'd been wanting to see Law Abiding Citizen for a long time, so finally had an opportunity to grab it while there were still a few copies left. We also rented The Fourth Kind, which claimed to be based on actual video & audio coverage of case studies examining the possibility of "alien abduction".

Law Abiding Citizen was probably one of the best movies I've seen in a long, long time. It had me on the edge of my seat from start to finish. I couldn't take my eyes off the screen - even when Chris took out the chips & dip (the amount of chip crumbs on the floor the next day confirms that). If you have somewhat of a strong stomach (some of the scenes are a little disturbing), I highly recommend it. It was brilliant!

Both of us were pretty tired so even though we started the Fourth Kind, we didn't last long and ended up going to bed and watched it Saturday night. The creepy parts of the movie were indeed creepy - and if you're mind is open to other possibilities that are 'out there', you may just enjoy that one too.

Neither picks are going to likely win any film-fest awards or the great Oscar himself -- but if you're in for a few hours of entertainment, you shouldn't be disappointed. Lemme know what you thought if you have seen either, or end up doing so, eh?

No comments: