Search This Blog

Tuesday 23 March 2010

Bi11board favourites...

So it's Tuesday, and American Idol night. And Mylie Cyrus as mentor, eh? Riiiiight. This ought to be good. Everyone give a great big welcome to my dear friend Tanya, who's spending Idol with me tonight. We celebrated our "Christmas in March" tonight - always late every year, but to be truthful, it's kinda nice having a night to look forward to celebrate with just the two of us. Plus, we get to open presents! Thanks Tan - I love my new lunchbag; I will soo be the talk of the lunchroom!! I've put Tanya to work tonight, making her my guest commentator for the night.

And onward to AI:

Lee -Ok so I think he stepped it up a bit like the judges told him to do. I really enjoyed it, and I really enjoy him. Tanya's take: "I think he's cute - and he has to stay because he's cute".
Paige - She had to go with the soft and dependable, safe type of song...yet, I don't think that it helped her plight. Meh. That was terrible ("BOOOOOOOOOO," from the other side of the room as Chris inadvertently has to hear it in the background). Tanya: "This song is supposed to give you goosebumps, and it's so not".
Tim - Oh Tim why, why WHY would you even attempt something like QUEEN. Awful. The best part of it was when it ended (typed, btw, before it even ended). Tanya: "It's like karaoke at high school" (said before Randy, btw).
Aaron - The only good thing about that performance was the fact that it was better than Tim. And that's all I will say. T: "I've got nothin'"
Crystal - Tanya and I got to chatting during her performance so we don't have any constructive criticism for her -partly because we know she's safe and she's potentially the winner. I think she can make any song her own. T: "I really like her; I hope she wins".
Mike - I enjoyed that, and was happy to hear a softer side of Big Mike for a change, but I did not enjoy that big high note. Why does he have to do that? We all know he can sing. T: "He's always doing that falsetto isn't he?"
Andrew - I didn't love it but, I really don't care for that song either, so that might have had something to do with it? T: "That song reminds me of raisins every time I hear it; and I'm so over "Straight Up" (me too); I wish they'd stop talking about that."
Katie - Oh.My. It started out not bad....but it ended horribly. Methinks she is going to find her way to the bottom shelf. T: "I've got nothing to say. Meh. It was alright".
Casey - Interesting song choice (and I swear it was typed before the judges)...can't say it was my favourite of his performances, but I still believe that Mr. Casey is going to be with us for a long, long, long time yet. T: "I think he did good but kind of indifferent, ya know? I haven't seen anything tonight yet that made me say, 'Oh my God that was awesome'".
Didi - Man I hate that snarly look she gets on her face when she's trying to emote 'mean'. The song choice "You're No Good"...hmmm...significant of her performance, perhaps? Perhaps. T: "I thought the song suited her voice. I don't like the song though".
Siobhan - Um....hellllo the 80's called...they want Sheena Easton back. Go to Broadway Siobhan. I don't like you. And I HATE, HATE, HATE your screaming!! T: "I don't get it".

Bottom 3: Paige, Tim, Katie
Homeward bound: Because "Vote for the Worst" is tending to work we won't see Tim go - but he should. That said, probably Paige will pack her bags.

Final thoughts from little T: "I think that whole show was forgettable".

2 comments:

Lana said...

I have to say I absolutely LOVE Siobhan, and I really think she could give Crystal a run for her money. Yeah, Crystal's good, but only b/c those around her are so bad. Would you really go out and buy her album or get tix to a concert? My vote is for Siobhan. And omg Didi and Paige have to to GO!

Amber said...

I would *absolutely* take in a concert if Crystal was the headliner. And I would, and more probably will, purchase her music.

Siobhan is one of my LEAST favourites of all of them. She lost me in the last few weeks when she channeled her inner-Adam Lambert. Sad she has to focus on being just like someone else to be 'herself', imo.