Search This Blog

Tuesday 9 March 2010

The Screen Room

I really thought I'd have posted about 5 different witty, thought-provoking things between now and my last post. Really, I did.
Heh. Sometimes life does not go as expected, however.

I had a long weekend. A few floating holidays combined with the normal Saturday & Sunday meant I left work at quitting time on Thursday and didn't return until this morning. I took the opportunity to surf the couch. A lot. In light of it being Oscar weekend I also watched movies. Probably more movies in one extended interval than any other in my lifetime, even (well, perhaps comparable to the weekend when Dad went to Video Pros and rented a BETA VCR with movies because that was the cool thing to do at the time. VCR's back then cost you an arm, a leg and your first born, after all. I just aged myself...so, moving on...). The website www.ch131.com was brought to my attention a while back. When I miss one of my favourite shows I tend to go to that site to catch up. The quality isn't spectacular, but it's commercial-free entertainment so that makes me happy. This weekend I decided to move onto movies. I watched Precious (well acted, good story but dark - very, very dark); Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist (cute); Superbad (just because it's super funny; I think I may have fallen asleep in parts though); Four Christmases (cute); and, started Idiocracy (toooo idiotic); Miss March (didn't like it about 5 mins in) and Spread (bad; I didn't finish, nor do I care that I didn't).

And after all that, I didn't even get 'round to watching the Oscars. I never usually like the award-winning ones, anyway.

Seen any good movies lately? What can you recommend to a loafer who enjoys commercial-free TV?

No comments: