Search This Blog

Tuesday 30 March 2010

I'm numb, and it's not the wine*.

If you've been following my blog for a while now, you'll know that from time to time, I've complained about problems with my wrist. I went as far as to see a surgeon about the problem, who referred me on to a neurologist to test the nerve damage....only to be told that there was little to no 'noticeable' damage, and there was nothing that could be done to give me comfort. In the words of said neurologist, "You know your own body; if there are changes you need to make (ie. quitting your job to avoid repeated stress on your wrist and hand) then you know what you have to do". Brilliant, eh? Needless to say, I was FUMING when I walked out of his office. Up til recently, the problems with numbness, tingling and pain seemed to be kept at bay. Just in the past few days, though, I've noticed a resurgence of symptoms, however. Sweet Mother of the little Baby Jesus, please make the pain and numbness stop altogether, or make it so bad that the doctors want to do something to help me.

Ok end of self-pity post. But think about it, I am only thinking of YOU. Really think about it...if I'm struck with carpal tunnel or repetitive stress disorder, however will I continue blogging and filling all of your lives with such joy?

Maybe I can blame the full moon on this, too? Doyasuppose?

*perhaps a little whine, though.

1 comment:

Lana said...

Does the weather afffect your pain Amber? Have they looked into arthritis?