Search This Blog

Friday 19 March 2010

Friday Funny

I admit, I fell victim to Facebook. In saying 'fell victim', I mean I gave in to the societal pressure of joining to see what it was all about, and I, like millions, have spent countless hours and hours and hours refreshing my page to see just what Tom, Dick and Harry are up to today. I would never call myself a 'geek', but I do spend a lot of my time on the Internet, and a lot of my free time browsing different blogs, watching online tv and checking email. Since Facebook came around though, I would have to say that my time on the popular social networking site has far, far exceeded my time doing anything else. Don't get me wrong, I think it's a great tool to find old friends and catch up and stuff. I've always loved looking at photos, so I've been in my glory since FB came around and I could creep in on all of my friends' photo albums. It really is a time suck though, and I have tried to ween myself down a bit from my excessive usage. Will I ever give it up cold turkey, though? Nah, I'm too nosey to do such a thing.

I had to chuckle today when reading the following story courtesy of CBC:

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2010/03/19/soudas-facebook-infoman-friends.html

What on earth is Soudas going to do now with his free time? It's really too bad he took his profile down. I bet after this story aired he'd have thousands more friend requests to fulfill.

Happy Friday!

No comments: