Search This Blog

Wednesday 3 March 2010

Repugnance

On PEI, the fox population has increased profoundly. Although cautioned not to, the public have taken to feeding the foxes that frequent their properties, and this 'wild' animal is now possibly as domesticated as a dog or cat might be. Last weekend*, a defenceless fox was found dead in a field. Snowmobile tracks were found - several tracks indicating a number of snowmobiles, or perhaps repeated tracks around - or over, the poor fox. I was sick to my stomach at the thought of such cruelty. With the allegations that appear to be forthcoming, it would appear that the person, or people, responsible for this act deliberately went out of their way to chase down and torture the animal, circling it until they ran it over, perhaps several times.

Words cannot express how much this angers me. How could anyone torture or hurt a defenceless animal like that? How does life breed a person who is even capable of such an act?

It's disgusting. Abhoring. Sadistic. Inhumane.

*I started writing this post just after the incident and never had a chance to complete my thoughts on it. I was too disgusted and just basically wanted to rant about it. I could probably go on and on with different adjectives for cruel. I could express what I'd personally like to do to the individuals responsible, but that's not ladylike. I can, however, finally post this knowing that there's been some comeuppance, though meager, for that poor fox:

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/prince-edward-island/story/2010/03/02/pe-fox-death-charges-584.html

Based on the evidence, the authorities believe the act was deliberate, and a day in court is on the horizon for the 3 men (I use that word loosely when describing them) responsible.

May the law and justice prevail.

3 comments:

Lana said...

One of the guys is my next door neighbour. Remember Kit? Makes me wonder whatever happened to him....

Amber said...

OH LANA...and Baby Kitty...and poor Char - what kind of vehicle does he drive???

Lana said...

We know Baby Kitty was sick and she disappeared in the summer, and Bruce saw the car that hit Char-char.
I'm trying to give him the benefit of the doubt re: Kit Kat, but I'm p.oed beyond words. I know I'll never be able to look at him again.