Search This Blog

Sunday 22 November 2009

Oh Weekend, how I love thee

A great, though spendy, weekend is almost behind me. Friday night after work Chris & I decided to go out for supper since neither one of us had any other plans, and neither of us felt like making anything. We went to Pat & Willys for the first time it what seems like ages. I enjoyed mine; Chris, not so much...so, I felt compelled to take the tab since he didn't like his supper. From there, we popped into the kitchen store where I picked up a few little items to officially begin my Christmas shopping (yay! me). We ran into Kim & Kevin there and had a little impromptu chat until the mall security kicked us out. From there, we had full intentions on going to the Colonel Grey Craft Fair, but it was pouring rain, and the traffic for the fair was beyond ridiculous. So, we opted to stop for a movie (The Taking of Pelham 123) and came home to snuggle. The movie was probably okay, but, sadly I missed most of it. Seems as soon as I'm in the horizontal position I'm a goner. Friday night was no exception.

Saturday we got up fairly early and had a hearty whole wheat blueberry pancake breakfast, and then went on our way. First I had to take a stop into Indigo to cheer on my dear friend Lori, who was having a book signing there. I grabbed one of her latest, and a couple little stocking stuffers, and then it was onward and upward to give the Fair another go. This time, we made it there. It was fairly predictable - same as every other year, but I had a few goals in mind for gift-giving, and I was successful in my quest (that's all I can divulge in the event that one of my giftees are reading my blog ;)). We purused the halls of the school to find people we knew in previous graduating classes, and I feld pretty damn old! A quick stop at Sobeys and Tim's for a coffee, and we were back home.

Saturday night, we joined Krissy & Marco for supper at Boston Pizza and then we took in a movie. We had already picked up our tickets prior to supper, but had we not have done so, we may have changed our minds about the evening's entertainment after landing back there to wait in the ridiculous line up to get in (thought we weren't taking in the newest in the Twilight series, the rest of the Island was). The line up was our first clue. The next clue was our chosen movie being in Cinema 7. Cinema 7 is the forgotten theatre. The one that is alllll the way at the back where they put the crappy movies. The smalllllest theatre, with the shitty seats. The ones that make your arse go to sleep within 10 minutes. The next clue was the fact that we were forced to sit in the front row in order to get 4 seats together. As if the seats weren't uncomfortable enough, now I knew we'd have to sit with our heads craned just to see the damn screen. And the final clue....our chosen movie. We saw 2012 - which was nothing like the trailer led us to believe it would be. It was 2 1/2 hours of the cheesiest cornball plot and storyline I've seen in a long time. It had such good potential, yet...it failed miserably.

That brings us up to current. I've been up for hours, and have about 5 loads of laundry done and most of my taped tv caught up on. I just may stay in my jammies all day long :) I hope you're all having a relaxing weekend as well.

2 comments:

Lana said...

so I picked up two of Lori's books, thinking for some reason I did not have them. She signed them, as usual to the wonderful friend that I am and I proudly took my purchases home - only to find the same 2 books, signed, sitting on my shelf. Oh well, at least Lori wrote something different in each of them!

Tina said...

I rented the taking of pelham 123 also this weekend Amber and I too fell asleep, the first and last 15 minutes or so looked good lol Tina