Search This Blog

Wednesday 4 November 2009

A mish mash of nothing, really.

When did it get to be Wednesday?? Jeepers... Huge changes going on around work - and because I make it a point not to blog about work, I'm not going into any huge detail. Suffice it to say that we're training for a whole new role within the organization. The change is exciting, challenging... and here I am back in a classroom learning something completely different. By the time I land home I'm mentally exhausted. I guess that's how you get from Sunday to Wednesday in a blink of an eye.

(That entire paragraph took an eternity to write as I'm 'multi-tasking' between blogging and watching Rachael Ray...where Michael Buble is one of the day's guests. I love me some Michael Buble....mmmm, mmmm, mmmm. He's so talented, funny, ...and heck, I'm happy just hearing him talk).

So aside from training, the week has passed pretty uneventfully. We're now in November...Christmas is just around the freaking corner. I haven't even started thinking of Christmas shopping, let alone shop. I haven't given thought to what my Christmas cards will look like...and I'm doing well keeping the sink clean and having clean underwear on hand lately. I'm not entirely sure where the time will come to do the card making and the shopping... I guess I say the same thing every year, though don't I? I have a lot of birthdays to celebrate in November too, so once they're out of the way that allows more of a mindset for the St. Nick season. I'm all shades of bah humbug at the moment, though.

(I haven't even managed to craft/send a "thank you" note to ColleenB yet for her hospitality after the Matt show in Saint John yet, for God's sake!)

So far, I've managed to evade the drasted swine flu...and I gotta say, I'm sooooo effing sick of watching/hearing about the hysteria that is the H1N1 virus. I know it's serious, and I don't mean to belittle those families mourning the loss of a loved one afflicted with it. The 'regular' flu has also had casualties...but no one hears about those. I just feel that the media has blown it up to an unimagineable proportion, creating massive fear everywhere. People are quarantining themselves in their homes - preventing their children from going trick-or-treating on Halloween (and some of those that did were sanitizing the treats as they got in the door!) ... Wash your hands, stay home if you feel ill or have a fever. If you're immune system is compromised, or if you're a part of a high risk group then sure, it's probably a good idea to be vaccinated. I haven't had a flu shot in the past 3 years; I've also not been afflicted with the flu in those 3 years. The year I did get the flu shot, I came down with the flu. Will I roll up my sleeve to guard against swine? I haven't made up my mind. You can bet I won't be standing out in the cold for 3-4 hours to do so, that's for sure.

(I wasn't even going to bring up a mention of the swine flu due to my utter disgust with the media hysteria, but this blog may someday prove helpful in remembering certain moments in history, so I decided to go against my better judgement. And, I wash my hands with soap and water...I do NOT douse them in scads of anti-bacterical hand sanitizers either!)

Ok, the Dragon's Den is just starting, and my hands are so freaking cold it's hard to type. I'll jump down from my soapbox for another night. Happy Hump.

No comments: