Search This Blog

Monday 9 November 2009

Bah! Monday!

Oh Monday. You're a sneaky little little jeezer. I wasn't ready for you today. At all. I want my weekend back. I didn't even get the laundry started before it was time to go to bed last night.

Bah!

After dealing with Homer Saturday, Chris and I had breakfast at Timothys, and then headed down to the Charlottetown Hotel. There was a run being held (Wally Rodd 10k), and afterward, a pumpkin toss. The pumpkin toss was a fundraiser for the IWK. Interested parties paid a $1 to go up to the 4th floor and drop their old Halloween pumpkins down to the ground beneath. Chris wanted to take a few photos. No, neither one of us were run participants. The thought of that is laughable, at best. Thereafter, we did a bit of running around - WallyWorld and a stop at the Mall to pick up Lana's birthday gift at the Body Shop.

Saturday night, we headed over to Lana & Bruce's. Bruce arranged a bit of a surprise cake/ice cream gathering for Lana's birthday. It was mostly just family, and they left fairly early in the evening. Chris and I stayed back, and the four of us played several rounds of the game "WTF - Raunchy version". We didn't realize it was a drinking game when we purchased it. It was good for a few laughs nonetheless...and, I suppose, if we all concentrated on making it an actual drinking game, the questions would have packed more of a punch. Thanks for the fun evening, MacAusland's :).

Sunday, we brunched on homemade (well, Chris-made) whole wheat blueberry pancakes (from scratch!), and I finally got caught up on my Thursday night taped tv. I had full intentions on getting a few loads of laundry done and straightening up a bit around the house, but the pull of the television was too great ...having just happened upon a show starring my Bon Bon I had to give my entire concentration to that. After that, I met up with Lana at Cedars for birthday shawarma! It's our tradition to go to Cedars for shawarma on our respective birthdays; really, it's just an excuse to eat more shawarma! Mmmm....shawarma! As always, the food and the company were fantastic!

And now it's Monday - another work week...and I'm surrounded by coughing and sneezing and blowing noses. It's that time of year. What I wouldn't give for the shelter of my warm cozy bed...

No comments: