Search This Blog

Monday 27 October 2008

Where, oh where, have I been?

I'm in the pooper for neglecting my blog whist on vacay. I guess I became so accustomed to doing nothing that blog updates fell on the side of 'doing something', and therefore, didn't get done. I tell you, I'm an expert in the art of laziness. Too bad one couldn't get paid for that. So, without further ado, here is what happened to me the remaining days of my precious vacation:

- Tuesday I had an all-out 'do nothing' day...staying in my pajamas, and snuggling with the cats and the laptop all day. That was the day I wrote all my posts about the glorious Cape Breton weekend. You're welcome ;).
- Wednesday I had a hair appointment. The greys are now again hidden. The color is a bit more red than last time, but I'm adjusting. Chris has now nicknamed me "Gingerkid" on account of the color. He seems to think he's funny. After my hair appointment, I picked up Mom and we went out shopping, supped at BP and then went back to her place to watch TV. I love our girl 'dates'.
- Thursday day I lounged about, and then joined a longtime friend, Darlene, for supper. I used to babysit her kids. Her kids are now 19 and 21. She looks the same. It was lovely reconnecting with you Darlene :). I booted home just in time to make it back for the Thursday night line up, where I escaped one more week to County General and Seattle Grace hospitals.
- Friday I went in search of a spooky movie for Christopher and I, settling on "The Strangers". The preview set that up to be an ultimate scarefest. Chris wasn't affected. I was spooked enough that I didn't get out of bed until it was light out the next morning.
- Saturday I landed at Lana's home, and we scrapped the day away. Thank you, thank you my lovely, for your wonderful hospitality. It was a delightful day! Saturday night she and I came home to pick up Chris and the 3 of us met up with her sister and her sister's friend in Kensington for a tour of the "Haunted Mansion", followed by a tour of the "Haunted Farm" in Borden. We had a fantastic time! (Lana, I do hope you're now over your fright...*wink*)
- Sunday Chris and I went on a "dollar store tour"....stopping at all the discount stores in C-town. One of our stops was Buy-Rite, and might I just say how horrifically sad it was to enter there, and see what has become of the scrapbook section? What a shame! After the discount tour we headed to Sobeys, purchased grub to make for supper, and spent the remainder of the night in, vegging in front of the tv.

And that brings us to current. And how quickly that time did pass.

Back to work.

BAH! Can I get a re-do??

No comments: