Search This Blog

Wednesday 15 October 2008

At Poppy's Handwashing is Optional...

From an early age, we are taught that cleanliness is next to Godliness. One of the primary rules we learn is to always wash our hands after we tinkle. Now, I can understand there being a possibility of an allergy to the soap in the bathroom...and, I can understand the possibility of a person using a hand sanitizer instead of the bathroom soap dispenser...But when I'm doin' my business in the stall I'm in, and then hear the person finishing up in the stall two paces away from me, I get to questioning the situation when I hear this person leave said stall and leave said bathroom immediately after, sans soap 'n water.

And this isn't the first time I've been in the bathroom at work and encountered the same situation. I hope it's always been the same culprit, but who can really be sure...

I mean really...if the person intended on not washing her hands and knew she was alone in the bathroom that's one thing...but she knew there was another stall occupied...could she not even fake it for the sake of the ears in the bathroom that undoubtably expect to hear the routine sounds of the soap dispenser and running water? They even have signs posted on the walls with instructions on how to properly wash one's hands (ode to a Health & Safety environment). Does she not think that people will talk about her like this?

Recounting it in words has forced stomach contents to reflux and churn.

To make a gross story just a little bit grosser...the 'scent' emanating from said stall seemed to suggest that Grossie-Sans-Soapie did a little more than tinkle.

No comments: