Search This Blog

Thursday 9 October 2008

Let's give thanks...

So we're crawling...slowly...toward Friday. I'm almost to the end of another night shift, and one more to go before a blessed 3 day weekend. How sad is it that I sit here, wishing life away, longing for the weekend to hurry up and get here? Maybe it's because not only is the weekend coming, but also a week vacation is on my horizon. I have a 3 day work week next week, and then 10 glorious days off. Ask me how excited I am :).

It was Thanksgiving Day here at work. Every year they throw a huge splash - full turkey dinner with all the trimmings, including pie for dessert. The managers cook it and serve it. It really is quite stellar. I ate enough to be satisfied, but not as full as some (my workmate groaned and moaned all afternoon long, advising he was having the 'turkey sweats', and just wasn't looking so good altogether). So delicate as I was in making sure I didn't overeat, that didn't stop me from dropping a bite of a mustard pickle right onto my white tank top. Funny thing about mustard ...it stains, and rather quickly. So, as soon as my belly was substantially full, I waddled my way up the back stairs to my desk and diligently applied a generous swabbing of the Tide stick to said mustard stain. I'm happy to report that it seems to have worked on the stain. However, now I've been inhaling the noxious odor that is the Tide stick ever since. Seriously...this really can't be good for my health?

So today I'm thankful for the upcoming weekend. I'm thankful for my upcoming vacation, and I'm thankful for ridding my shirt of a nasty yellow stain. I'm not so thankful, however, for emanating the disgusting odor of the Tide stick, which can only be compared to the smell of sweaty, bad, smarmy feet.

No comments: