Search This Blog

Thursday 16 October 2008

Just an everyday freak out...

Happy Hump Day to all. This isn't actually my hump day...it's my "Thursday" since I'm on vacation as of Friday!! I have an exciting weekend planned...so stay tuned for pictures! I'm so friggin stoked!!

So after work tonight I met up with Lana, Lori & Tracy at BP. I had a blast! These girls have been by my side forever...meeting Lori & Tracy in junior high, and Lana in high school (we won't do the math...suffice it to say that it was long enough ago that it equals 'forever'). We can talk about anything, and everything...and tonight, we certainly ran the gamut of topics, didn't we?! How refreshing it is to feel completely confident in being able to say anything or ask any question and not worry if it's the right thing to say or ask. I love you girls...thank you for being the very best of friends.

After returning home, I settled in with my nightly routine to check emails/Facebook and a few blogs, and put the tv on. There was a documentary on the History channel, entitled "The Real Amityville Horror"...with accounts from Ronald DeFeo Jr, who reportedly murdered his entire family in the house...along with accounts from the Lutz family who moved into the house years later but were forced out by 'something'. There were also commentaries from several journalists, psychotherapists, and parapsychologists. Maybe it was the fact that I was sitting in the dark by myself...or maybe it's because the story actually gets to me...but I was freaked out! I don't entirely believe in that sort of thing...but there are enough examples of 'strangeness' reported over time, that I can't help but shake my head in wonderment. I also think back to the time, years ago, when Darlene let me read the book - her brother had read it...and during the time he was reading it, would wake up nightly, at precisely 3:15 am...(the time the murders were said to take place, along with the same time the Lutz family experienced feelings of a 'presence' in the house and general unease). I didn't experience the nightly wake-ups, but in all, I remember it freaked the bejebus out of me just the same.

I love this kind of stuff though...and it follows suit for the time of year and Halloween fast approaching :). Needless to say, I'm now watching Two and a Half Men to try to take my mind off it. What's your take on the paranormal? Do you believe?


No comments: