Search This Blog

Tuesday 21 October 2008

Cape Breton - Day 3

Yesterday marked our final day of being tourists. We enjoyed our meal at the Yellow Cello so much on Sunday we decided to go back there for breakfast on Monday too. We headed to Truro to visit Chris' grandparents. They are just too cute, and if I might add, possibly a glimpse into my future as the resemblance between Chris and his grandfather is a little uncanny. After visiting a bit with the Grand-W's over coffee, we headed to Carsand-Mosher (never a trip to Truro without this necessary stop). Chris drooled over the camera equipment, and I equally drooled over the scrapbooking supplies. I was quite pleased with my restraint actually, leaving there after having spent only $20. After Carsand, we went to Kiwanis Park before heading out with the Grand-W's, as they offered to treat us to supper. We decided on Frank & Gino's, and it was fan-freaking-tastic! Thank you to the Grand-W's for their kindness :).

As it was getting dark, we headed home after supper, finally landing home just before 10pm.

Thank you Christopher, for a wonderful weekend getaway. I had a fantastic time :).

2 comments:

Martha-Anne said...

I'm so glad that we were both able to get away for the weekend! And Cape Breton is so beautiful!!! Probably made you never want the weekend to end, right?

Amber said...

You're so right Martha! It was a very spur of the moment decision to even go, so I feel very fortunate to have had the chance to go. Nothing like a few days off the sandbar to rejuvenate. I hope your trip was just as fulfilling!