Search This Blog

Saturday 11 October 2008

All because two people met....

5 years ago Tanya was chastising me for telling you where we live - fearing this person I had met online might be a psycho serial killer or something. 5 years ago I wondered if I was doing the right thing. We got along so well electronically - what if we met in person and that all dissolved in front of our eyes? What if we didn't like each other? What if we didn't get along in person?

5 years ago it was a warm, autumn day. The top was down on the Tracker, and we traveled from Charlottetown to Kensington for a chocolate milkshake - on the last day of the season at the Frosty Treat. We sat for hours...it wasn't awkward. All my fears immediately fell away. It felt 'right'. It felt like it should be. We'd catch ourselves imagining each other typing out what we were saying... We caught each other saying things at the same time...just as we would catch each other typing the same thing at the same time. I found myself wondering why I took 4 years to finally agree to meet you. Now, I have a hard time remembering what life was like before you.

Happy Anniversary Christopher...I hope this is just the first 5 of many years to come. Thanks for waiting for me.

No comments: