Search This Blog

Thursday 2 October 2008

Happy Birthday Tanya!

"Like branches of a tree we grow in different directions, yet our roots remain as one. Each of our lives will always be a special part of the other's."
---Unknown


Today is Tanya's birthday! She is one of my closest friends. I cherish our friendship very much. We've been through a lot together over the years. We worked together; we lived together; we've carried each other over heartbreaks; and we've celebrated many happy moments together. She is a very kind, generous and caring soul.

She's seen me at my very worst, being there for me when my dad got sick - graciously giving up her own bed for my sister. Her friendship helped me through that painful time - and I can't thank her enough.

I was so proud to stand beside her and watch her marry the man of her dreams. I'm thrilled that she has found the person who fits her perfectly, and I wish her never-ending happiness, always.

Tanya, on this, your special day, I toast you, my very special friend. Thank you for always being a true friend to me over the years. I look forward to many more years of shared laughter. When we're old, grey and hunched over I hope we can still sit and enjoy an episode of Friends while eating chocolate together. Love you bunches...enjoy your day! xo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

THANKS AMBER!!!!!!!! Your friendship means the world to me as well. We NEED to spend more time together!!!!! love Tanya P.S. I am not sure how to leave a comment other than under anonymous...