Search This Blog

Thursday 26 June 2008

Why don't you tell us how you REALLY feel?

Ahh....the tell-tale signs of the 'start of summer' in the 'hood.... the sounds of birds chirping; the buzzing of lawn mowers in the distance; the occasional dog bark; the wind rustling the blinds; and, the sound of the screaming little 'hood children.

I know I sound like a hardened, egocentric bitch, but I'm entirely certain that had I not already had my mind fully made up that I was not having children, living in the 'hood would cement that fact.

You may recall a post I had last year about the stellar youth we 'co-habitate' with in our quaint little village. That is merely an example. Chris has caught one of them trying to light a tree on fire with a lighter. It just so happened that this tree was right outside our bathroom window. On another occasion, there was another 'brain giant' pissing on his bike in front of our house. Chris quickly yelled out the front door, 'pack it up, buddy -go on home and piss in your own yard', or some such thing. He also told me about an occasion where he had to go out and talk with one of the youth (might I add right outside the youth's own house) about the importance of not beating on your dog. Had I witnessed such a thing, I'm not sure if I would have been able to hold such 'composure'.

I loathe the little effers. I Bob-Saget-hate them all.

As I sit here and try to concentrate on what I'm doing I hear the pounding of the basketball on the pavement - one of them is making noises like a goat in heat...another is screaming out "boobie" at the top of his lungs and laughing hysterically at himself. All the while I'm contemplating how I can let the air out of their basketball without causing attention to myself.

Just as I was about to post this, I heard retching coming from the next house...might be time to pick up the piles of dog poo, yes? *sigh*

No comments: