Search This Blog

Monday 23 June 2008

Walk with me, the path of life....

I swear, ever since I got this laptop, I seem to be more concerned with finding and reading new blogs, and playing Scrabulous on Facebook than actually posting on my own blog. My apologies, dear lovelies, please stay with me - like any new toy, the shine oughta get dull eventually ;).

So I already posted about my lunch on Saturday at Castello's, but I should elaborate on the remaining bits of the weekend past.

On Friday night Angela and I met up at PD in Stratford for supper before heading to her place to scrap. We used to do this every Friday, but it seems life keeps getting in the way, so it's been a long time. Supper was just fair...actually, let me rephrase that - supper was crap. I vowed not to go back there ever since they took their vegetarian Greek pasta off the menu...and should have stuck to my word. I ordered the seafood pasta. Whoo-boy was that a mistake. It was a watery, fishy, stinky mess. The cheesecake was good though :). Huge thank you to Angela for the lovely BD gift, too - some body lotion, shea soap from the Body Shop, some tags for scrappin' and a great SU stamp set! You rock, girlie! I had a lovely time :).

Saturday, Chris & I headed into town with intentions of going to Timothys for a coffee, but ended up at Castello's, the new Murphy restaurant on Victoria Row (tab back a few posts for more details). Then we ended up getting coffee and walking through Charlottetown - stopping at a bench at Province House, people-watching til the coffee was gone, and then onward to the Confed Centre to walk through the art gallery there. We stopped back home after that, and I ended up staying in for the night - pretty tired, and Chris wanted to head back into town to take pictures. In retrospect, I probably should have joined him, but I did get a little relaxin' done.

Sunday Chris had to shoot the motocross event in Desable, so I took a solitary jaunt to Charlottetown - stopping for a coffee and then heading to the Confed Centre and surrounding areas of town before heading over to the W's for supper, and a long visit on the deck where we enjoyed the sunny warm day.

While at the Confed Centre, I walked through the outside display put on by PhotoSensitive - who partnered with the Canadian Cancer Society to form Cancer Connections - a pictorial exhibit documenting cancer and how it changes lives - representing both the hope of survivors, and the stillness of those who've lost their battle with the disease. I was very moved by the stories, the pictures, and what they represent. Cancer touches everyone in some way ....please go see this display; it's showing in town until Jul 13, and it will eventually travel across the country over the next 2 years. If you can't visit the actual display, visit their website where you can see the images portrayed at the exhibit. For me, the most poignant of all images is the one labeled "Help me" ... a man lying in a hospital gown, his hand clutching the hand of the photographer (his son), with such a pleading look in his eyes. His eyes haunt me - for I saw that very same, pleading, look in the eyes of my own father.


No comments: