Search This Blog

Wednesday 18 June 2008

A-touristing we did go - Part III

Finally, a conclusion:

Our drive continued, and we found ourselves heading to Cape Enrage - it's an 'adventure site', complete with rapelling, ziplining, and the like, and the attraction is run by students. Cape Enrage Lighthouse is there also - and it, and the lighthouse keeper's house, were restored by students. "Donation" admission is asked of those visiting there which then goes back into continued upkeep of the site. As we walked around the cape area, we saw a little sign, “stairs to Beach”,…so we followed it…and came upon a steel staircase that went, well, pretty much straight down. Keep in mind, that I am deathly afraid of heights. The steel staircase was not very wide…there was no ‘backs’ to the stairs, and they were like a metal ‘grid’…so you saw right through them to the rocky surface below…they also shook as people came behind you. I thought I was going to die. My legs were like jello…I had to sit down when I got down to the bottom, and I cried like a baby. It was seriously unattractive.

Moral of the story: if you're afraid of heights, stay your fat a$$ at the top of the hill!

From Cape Enrage, we then headed back toward Moncton to grab supper and head home. Exhausted, we couldn't come to a decision on a 'new' place to dine, so we ended up back at Pizza Hut. Chris has a cold, so was feeling pretty miserable by this point, so I figured his favourite spot would be appreciated - and it was so good :). The drive home was pretty uneventful - arriving at about 9:00. The cats seemed to get along ok while we were gone...and it wasn't until last night that Zoe perched herself in my lap for some lovins'. They're so fickle.

Once I have an opportunity to pour through my 300+ photos from the weekend, I'll come back to posts I, II, and III and add some pretty pictures.

No comments: