Search This Blog

Wednesday 4 June 2008

Gimme a break...

Why is it when you have a vacation week coming up, the week prior has to be such a challenge to get thru?? It's been an all-out monkey week so far... and try as I might to keep a perspective on things...I mean honestly, things could be so much worse, I admittedly have a hard time with that. Processes and system issues at work - frustration rising from witnessing a lack of equal work ethic by times coupled with silly errors that make triple the work (and it seemed to all fall on me), etc... it's been so rainy and damp my wrists and knee/ankle are horribly sore...the littlest things are irritating me. I feel like I'm going to explode! How do I deal with it you ask? Well, I do try to keep an ample intake of chocolate in my diet. Monday night after work Chris surprised me with a Kit-Kat blizzard, which I split up to eat between Monday night and Tuesday night after work.

I now have a Kit-Kat on reserve in my drawer at work.

It's p!ssing down rain - my lunch break is in about a half hour ... and my coat and umbrella are sitting safely atop my kitchen table at home. Awesome.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Amber,

Sorry to hear your week hasn't been going great. I hope tomorrow being "Happy Amber Day" will help turn things around! I hope you have a wonderful day!

Kim

Anonymous said...

I have to at least say Happy birthday chicky and hope that today with all its sunshine-y goodness will make things a little brighter for you!! We have to get together for b-day shawarma and if you are on holidays maybe some night next week will work. (Tuesday is out). Let me know! (mmmmm chicken shawarma - doesn't that take you to a happy place?)