Search This Blog

Thursday 12 June 2008

Birthday pictures

Without further ado, here are some pictures from my birthday:


The lovely Dina surprised me with this bag of goodies! It was so pretty I could not bare to open it, so I left it all done up on my desk - I will be interested to see if someone poked into it whilst I was on vacation this week! (heck, I would have!)

There is a social committee of sorts at work, who will decorate the desks when there is a birthday in the house. It was nice to walk into, I must admit. Mine was over-run with decorations. I told everyone all day that I felt like a supa-star :)

After work, I met up with the girlies for some nachos and laughs at the Gahan. Pictured here from left to right are Erin, Tanya, and Julie. Julie celebrates her birthday on Friday so we gathered for both of our respective days. The subject of the email trail to coordinate the night was Birthday Girls in June. The message entailed meeting up for nachos in celebration. I was the only one to get the nachos. And they were good - really, really good :).

Here are the remaining girls at the Gahan, from left to right: Amanda, me, and Rosanne.

Friday night, after work, Mom took my brother Todd, Chris and myself out to Boston Pizza for my birthday supper. Traditionally, Mom always made me her homemade spaghetti supper for my birthday. She has managed to get out of it the past 3 years running, opting for an evening out, her treat, instead. I would never turn away free food anywhere, of course, but I do miss the spaghetti. I guess it really is a lot less work for her, and she always said she only made it for me because she did not really like it herself (to explain the fact that she only made it once a year). One of these days I plan to catch her at a weak moment for a plate :).

Todd refused to scooch close over with Mom for a picture, so I had to take one of him alone. I think he wanted the limelight all to himself :). He looks more and more like Dad every day - it is almost scary.

Here is my wonderful Mom, with Chris poking in. It took 4 takes for her to look at the camera and smile at the same time.

And this would be my birthday cake - New York style cheesecake with chocolate drizzle. It was really, realllllly really yummy. The chocolate sauce was rich - much different than the usual sauce I seem to get when I order it elsewhere (usually tastes like they pour Quik on top). It was not my first choice - I must admit...I wanted the Vanilla Bean Cheesecake, but they got rid of it.....:( .....not popular enough....I have to admit a little piece of me died inside when the waitress told us that.


This is my new iPod Shuffle that Chris gave me for my birthday. It is soooo teeeny-weeny...and it has a convenient little clip on the back that will clip on virtually anything. I do plan to fill it with some upbeat songs and start my walking routine around the trailerhood. Thanks hunny - I love it :).
This is the cool lamp set that Mom gave me. They have white mini lights inside and are sitting atop my tv stand. They are so cool!

This is some new hand cream, also from Mom. Todd picked it out because the name of it is Amber. It smells soooo nice. I love it!!

And this would be my new lappie - happy birthday tooo me! As I mentioned before, I was able to get it very inexpensively, thanks to a point award credit card that I had accumulated through work over the past year or more. It was kind of like commission. I had a goal to save up my points to buy a laptop - and that is what I did. I only had to contribute $20 of my own cash. So I joke about it being my $20 laptop. I LOVE it; I do not know how I survived without it all this time. It has basically been attached to my lap since I took it out of the box. Zoe is jealous....

This is the inside of the lappie :)


And last, but not least, here is a picture of my new love - Bliss chocolates... (thanks Tanya) ....they are a complete deee-light.

No comments: