Search This Blog

Friday 1 February 2008

Where in the world...

...have I been?

Honestly, I haven't really been feeling 'bloggy' lately - but a proper update is long past due. Let's see if I can recall the whats, wheres and whens........

Here, in point form, is the quick 'n dirty of what I've been up to since my last "real post":

  • Last Wednesday Mummy & I got out for supper, a quick stop at Hallmark, and then back to her place to relax and talk. It was lovely.
  • Heath Ledger was found dead in his apt....wtf? So sad...so young and talented...I really feel for his wife and child...:(
  • Last Friday, I met up with the Stampin'Up Club for nachos at BP and then on to Angela's for our January class. We made lovely cards, and another 2 pages for our 6x6 album. Many laughs ensued...and how refreshing is it when a group of gals can be that candid with each other? I totally love it. Oh, and Heidi, I totally want that shirt...:)
  • Saturday, Chris & I joined Krissy & Marco for supper at Sim's - Chris' choice for his birthday supper. They all had the steak and said it was phenomenal - I don't eat a lot of red meat so I ordered the seafood chowder, and it was delicious. I must admit, that was the most 'high end' restaurant I have visited. After supper the 4 of us came back to our place for a few drinks, and the boys played with the birthday balloons. That's all that needs to be said for public reading :).
  • Sunday was a day to do nothing - and I did just that. And I don't feel the least bit guilty.
  • Monday I had booked off as a vacation day, and I was glad to have the option to go nowhere as I heard the freezing rain pinging against the window - all day....PEI was hit by a horrible ice storm...leaving much of the western part of the province out of power (as I type today there are still homes out of power)...with electric crews from other provinces being called in to assist, Red Cross setting up multiple emergency shelters, and even the army being placed on standby to aide. Trees broke with the weight of the layers of ice, taking power lines down, and power poles themselves were breaking. The image on this post is a borrowed image, taken somewhere in western PEI. Crazy, eh? Now this weekend, we have another freezing rain warning... Aside from the weather update - Monday night I made Chris his spaghetti birthday supper, and gave him his prezzies, which included a Canon hat (gf of the year, having to order from the UK to get one); a dock for his ipod, that unfortunately has to be returned; a really nice Bulova watch; some 'geek' gear (keychain and pen holder); a 1kg bag of Mini Eggs; and a capo for his guitar.
  • Tuesday, dear Christopher FINALLY reached his 30's.
  • The rest of the week, as I've been working an odd 10:30 - 7pm shift, I've basically came home from work, watched a bit of tv, and then crashed. Fun stuff.
Now you're up to date - what's the weekend have in store, you ask? Guess you'll have to tune in for the next post ;)

No comments: