Search This Blog

Tuesday 12 February 2008

The weekend in review...

So Tuesday again - and another busy weekend behind me.

Friday night, Angela, Brandi & myself joined Penzie, Maria & Laurie-Anne in Summerside for the Paper Attic Crop. We stayed the night Friday, cropping til 11pm and then all day Saturday. Although it's always a good thing to get together with friends to crop, I can honestly say that I'm unsure if I'll attend the next one. I found it really loud, and had a hard time concentrating on what I wanted to do. Being super-tired didn't help - just frustrates me when I have an occasion to crop and I waste it or don't get much accomplished. I probably would have gotten more accomplished had I cropped at home. It was still fun getting together with my girlies, though ;).

Saturday night, Chris & I took in the Matt Andersen concert at the Confed Centre. Angela had tickets she couldn't use, and didn't want to see them go to waste, so we were happy to oblige - and happy indeed...that man put on a FANTASTIC performance. I didn't even know I was a fan of jazz/blues until I saw him perform. I'd link to a YouTube performance, but it just cheapens it until you see the real thing. I can't say enough good things about Matt...unbelieveable stage presence...unbelieveable talent...a phenom in his own right. If given an opportunity to see this man live, DO IT. Saturday's performance marked a first for him - on stage with a band, partnering up with the Hupman Brothers. Chris bought every CD the centre had available (the 'boxed set'), including one of the Hupman Brothers, and the band were kind enough to stay back to sign autographs and pose for a picture or two. This was beyond a doubt the highlight of my weekend. We will be first in line to buy tickets for his next performance. Bravo, guys!!

Sunday was a fairly lazy day - however, we did manage to get out of the house to grab a breakfast bagel and coffee at Timothys. Always delish :). We finally got to watch a taped episode 1 of the newest Survivor...lamest first show EVER.

Back to work Monday and here I am Tuesday...nothing noteworthy happened yesterday, but I just have to add....Big Brother starts tonight!!!!!!!!!!!! Nothing will compare to BB8, but I certainly look forward to a new season.

No comments: