Search This Blog

Thursday 14 February 2008

Happy Valentines Day!

Happy *Heart* Day everyone. We had some Valentine 'crafts' to do at work today. The picture is the winning cookie in the cookie decorating contest. Way to go Leslie! Hope you don't mind that I posted this :). It was just too cute not to share.

So how are YOU spending your day? Tell me all your romantical plans....

When I first met Chris, he exclaimed, quite profusely, how he hated this holiday - how he felt it was completely commercial and unnecessary - that he felt it wrong to have one day designated where he was forced to tell me that he loved me. However, the first year we were together, I got home from work to find supper prepared for me, treats and one of my favourite DVDs, and special instructions: "dress warmly - I have a surprise planned for after supper". We then went for a drive and ended up at our destination - a sleigh ride! Complete with hot chocolate/dessert after the ride. The people who arranged this did it specifically for Valentines Day, and had a room set up upstairs in their house, with intimate little tables for two, and music. It was fantastical. The next year, I surprised him with a weekend getaway at a Bed & Breakfast, which was amaaaazing...and then last year, I arrived home to find rose petals (fake so the cats didn't eat them) on the kitchen table,...music playing and the coffee table set up with wine and chocolate-covered strawberries (that Chris had made himself).

Sorta sounds like he couldn't hate the holiday, hmmm?

No comments: