Search This Blog

Wednesday 20 February 2008

A fresh coat of paint to cover the dirt...

I've been reading a new blog lately - it's consuming a lot of my days (one of the good things about working in an in-bound call centre does allow for time for stuff like this). I'm going through the archives, and have made it through (or so I thought) about a year and a half of old posts. I started to notice that some of the old months' began later in the month. I thought it weird - but thought maybe she just didn't post that reguarly... til I finally clicked the icon "Next Page" on the bottom of the page...only to discover 1-2 extra pages of posts. Posts that I've missed, consistently, since I started the archives, for every month that I've put behind me as "read". Darwin!

On my lunch break I was watching Ellen...one of her guests was newly-mom'd Christina Aguilara. Ellen so eloquently asked Christina if she was nursing - in reply to the gargantuan boobies in her midst. They got to talking about the new wee one, named "Max". My sister's dog's name is Max. Instead of conjuring up an image of an adorable swaddling Christina-esque image, I'm bombarded by an image of that big, stinkin', drooly dog. Isn't it funny how that happens? Max = drooly dog (and on a side note, I now also have a Tina Turner song stuck in my head). I used to work in daycare - if there was a 'bad' kid in the midst, that child's name is forever marked for you...that's why, to this day, the name "Brandon" equates to Devil's spawn for me.

Still lovin this guy ...broke down and am now posting a YouTube performance. It's NOT the same as being there, but you do get an idea of how awesome he is. This is the song he played for his final encore when we saw him a few weeks ago.

No comments: