Search This Blog

Thursday 1 July 2010

Oh Canada

Happy Canada Day!!!

Per the norm that has been the last oh...5 years?...Chris is the event photographer for the City's Canada Day festival. So, I'm on my own for the day. It's beautiful out there, so what the heck am I doing inside on the laptop? Great question! I shall don my skivvies momentarily and go deck surfing, you can be sure :). From there, perhaps a pedi and some shameless tv? I think the mall is open, so maybe even some retail therapy?

Apparently the fireworks display are the biggest ever - Chris says I'm "missing out" if I don't come down to see them. The population of PEI leaving the grounds in traffic, and me having to work a 7:30am shift in the morning are not a combination I want to mess with, so I might just make this a complete "me" day, from start to finish. Ya'll know how much I love a little loafing anyway ;).

Last night, I joined Erin, Tanya, Pam, SueEllen and Julie at Julie and Brian's BEAUTIFUL new home. It was a belated birthday gathering for Julie and a chance for her to show off her new digs! We had many munchies, including homemade "Lonestar" salsa & nachos, cheese & crackers, cream cheese roll-ups, veggies & fruit. Oh, and the dessert was an ice cream sandwich-caramel 'lasagna' type thing that was ammmaaaaazing! Thanks girlies -- I had an amazing time!! xo.

Well, the deck is calling :).

No comments: