Search This Blog

Monday 28 June 2010

You make me swoooooon

When I was a kid, the sun rose and fell on Bo Duke. The Dukes of Hazzard was my favourite tv show. During that interval I think I solely kept Tiger Beat in business, for it allowed me to wallpaper my bedroom walls with his face. There was a large poster on my closet door that I faithfully kissed goodnight before each bedtime. I was obsessed. I think I would even be mingled into those crazies you see who bawl when they encounter their celebrity of choice. I had it bad folks. I had dreams of the white picket fence and miniature Bo Duke's running around at my feet. I even had John Schneider's album (yes, folks, he had an LP) and would sing along to it nightly. I dreamed he was singing to me. I'm fairly certain the album is still at Mom's, too, and I bet that I could sing along to the words even today.

Though nothing as notable as Dukes, John Schneider still has been seen in small roles on various TV shows and made for tv movies. And even though I'm no longer attracted to 'pretty blonde' guys, I have to admit - he's still pretty darned handsome.

Tell me, who rocked your socks, back in the day? Whose face was found plastered all over your walls?

No comments: