Search This Blog

Sunday 20 June 2010

Father's Song

No matter what I'd do,
You'd love me unconditionally.
No matter what I'd put you through,
You were always there for me.
Did I ever disappoint you?
Did I ever let you down?
Was I all that you had hoped for?
Please say you'll always be around...
You're my strength,
You're my hope,
You're my father.

We didn't always see eye to eye.
Sure, I thought I knew everything,
But I was just a child.
And you sometimes stood in my way,
When I wanted to be free...
But I know now,
You were just doing the best you could for me.
So I thank you for your patience,
I thank you for your love.
I thank on my knees,
Yeah, I thank the Lord above.
I thank Him for you, my father.

You're my father....

*****
The above lyrics are a portion of Irish Mythen's touching tribute to her own dad, in "Father's Song". I highly encourage you to click on this link from Reverbnation, and listen to the song in it's entirety (while you're at it, listen to the rest, damnit!). The song is beautiful, passionate, and heartfelt. I post this in tribute to all fathers - near and far, close at hand or close in memory on this Father's Day. If you're lucky enough to still have your father close by, give him an extra squeeze and thank him for all that he's done for you. I'm blowing kisses upward to Heaven today. He knows I think of him every day...and I miss him more every day. I love you, Dad...xoxo.

No comments: