Search This Blog

Monday 21 June 2010

Summer Solstice

It's been a lazy staycation. I don't feel the least bit guilty about any of it, either :). Traditionally I take a week in June, a week in October and one in December. Every year in the past 6 years, my June week has rained - every.single.day. I'm glad the rainy routine didn't follow me this year. There was warm sunshine, a few rainy moments, and one REALLY breezy day. I attended a beautiful wedding, witnessed some great live music, & took a few photos. For the most part, it's been excellent :).

Welcome, Summer 2010. Already, I've witnessed:
  • Cows ice cream (two feeds of it *ahem*)
  • Sleeping with just a sheet covering
  • PEI new potatoes
  • strawberry shortcake
  • mosquito bites
  • cold beers on a warm deck
  • beautiful sunsets
  • live music
  • painted toes
  • freckles
  • ocean breezes
  • thunderstorms

No comments: