Search This Blog

Monday 28 June 2010

A weekend in review

I don't know about the rest of you, but the weekend went by in a flash for me. I suppose having to work Saturday seemed to shorten it up a bit. Friday night we joined the Moshers for an impromptu feed of nachos and other deliciously sinful things. I'm hopeful that the many laughs helped to burn off a few of the calories ;). Thanks Moshers :) :).

Saturday night the intent was a quick stop at the grocery store for a few meal ideas for the coming week. Normally we're Sobeys shoppers (what can I say? I have a hope of finally getting a trip out of the AirMiles - regardless if it takes me 20 years to accumulate enough points to head to Nova Scotia, damnit!), but this time we headed to Superstore on account of BOGO chicken. Turns out the chicken that was on sale was sold out (of course), so we didn't get what we'd intended out of the trip. Combine the fact that we're novice Superstore shoppers - not knowing where anything was - it was a long, long trip to the store. I'm hopeful that what calories not burned by Friday night's laughter were later burned by the multiple trips around the damn store. From there, it was too late to do anything - we stopped for a movie (The Box) -- I didn't last long though, quickly falling to such a sound sleep I was made leave the couch and go to bed for the snoring! Chris said the movie sucked, and told me the ending of it, so I guess I won't bother to try to watch it again.

Sunday, Chris & I headed over to Fort Amherst and each participated in a kite-flying event that was held there. I guess it's an annual thing, and there appeared to be a pretty good turnout. There wasn't a lot of breeze, so keeping our Smurf & Spiderman kites up was sometimes a challenge, but we managed to outlast a lot of them. I eventually ran out of string and got bored coming on the end of it. Our friends Thomas and Bobbie-Jo joined in the fun as well. Unfortunately, Thomas' homemade kite, the "Super Ghoost" (the misspelling allowed it to take on it's very own meaning), didn't fly. After having our fill of flying we then headed back into Charlottetown to check out "Diverse City", a multicultural street festival, with ethnic foods, crafts and entertainment. The place was packed, which was a great sight. We tried a variety of different things, then finally topping them all off with a walk to the boardwalk and an ice cream, landing home sun-kissed and sleepy from the day.

It was a fun, fun weekend! I hope you all had a great one, as well. And now, we're back to Monday....fittingly, it's pouring rain. ;)

No comments: