Search This Blog

Wednesday 16 June 2010

It's what day?

Wow - how'd it get to be Wednesday already?? Hi - yeah, I've been away for a bit. Sorry my lovelies, it really wasn't intentional. Life just sorta got in the way I guess :). I'm in the midst of a few much deserved staycation days from work. There's been some napping. There's been some online tv-watching (ok, a lot). And, evidently there hasn't been much blogging! Whoopsie.

Lemme see if I can catch ya'll up. After my birthday eating fest things quieted up a bit. This past weekend, we were guests at a fantastic wedding between Aaron and Rosemond MacDougall. Congratulations to you both! If the rest of your lives together are half as wonderful as your wedding day, you have all the luck on your side! The wedding itself took place in a quaint little church in Cherry Valley, followed by h'ors d'oeuvres & cocktails, and then the.most.delectable meal from start to finish at Shaw's Hotel in Brackley. The dance, complete with a candy bar & 'costumed photo booth' ended a perfectly lovely evening. Aaron is a friend of Chris' - a photographer from Nova Scotia who recently moved to PEI. We were very honored to have been part of such a special event. Congratulations, again A & R, and thank you for allowing us to witness your special day!

Sunday, Chris & I headed to Chelton for a BBQ and visit with Matt & Nicole. Once again, thank you so much for cooking for us :). We had a grand time!

The past couple of days I've laid really low -thanks to excruciating pains of the lady variety I've been simply knocking back extra strength ibuprofen & snuggling a hot water bottle. Today I'm feeling more 'normal' again so got a bit of the house cleaned (stress 'bit'), and sat outside to soak in some of the lovely sun out there. Hopefully the rest of the staycation entails more sunshine!

A few points before I go:
- to G & Smurf -- have a fan-freaking-tastic time in Newfoundland!! I hope you see all you want to see and more! Your cats will be well taken care of when you're gone, I promise :).
-to T-- I am so delighted your mom is finished of her treatments :). Sending the both of you the biggest squeeze I can muster xo.
-to Julie -- Happy Housewarming!!!!! Congratulations to you and Brian on your new beautiful home! I hope Moving Day went well and I cannot wait to get a chance to see your new digs!
-to Erin -- I hope you had a fabulous time with your momma and I hope the Eagles serenaded you good ;). Oh, and Erin - so proud of you for embarking on your challenge. You will do fantastic, I just know it!
-to Lana -- sorry to hear about the job op; believe me, it's their loss. Something bigger, and MUCH better is just around the corner, I promise!

I hope you all are doing well! Happy Hump!

1 comment:

Lana said...

Thanks. Love you.